Goldenrod glassybaby in Lauren’s room – I’m crazy about the yellow pop
tangerine in Calleigh’s-
There are three pages of colors to swoon over.. there are about 20 more colors I’d like to have! Peony, latte, linen, tutu and wetdog to name a few ;)
I recently found out some really fabulous things about glassybaby’s. I’ve always known I loved their perfect shape, amazing color collection and ability to fit into any decor style.
But have a read through this..
- Lee Rhodes was fighting her third battle with cancer and raising three small children in 1998 when she first dropped a tea light into a handmade, colorful, glass cup. Lee found great hope and healing in the soothing light and found the peace and calm she needed to heal. She wanted to spread that hope. She began hiring artists to make more colorful, glass votives and soon opened a glassblowing studio. glassybaby was born.
- From the beginning, glassybaby donated money from sales to charities helping cancer patients. Lee remembers meeting people in waiting rooms who could not afford basic day to day costs like bus fare and groceries during treatment. Health insurance does not help with those needs so Lee wanted to help fill that gap. glassybaby has donated more than $910,000. from sales to charities dedicated to healing and helping patients with those costs during
- glassybaby are made by Seattle artists in 400+ colors with names like hope, joy, frog hunting, wet dog and happiness. 60+ artists work seven days a week at our Seattle studio. It takes four artists to make just one glassybaby.
- glassybaby sales were up 40% last year. We can’t make them fast enough. The more glassybaby we sell, the more we give away to charity.
- glassybaby are a way of saying something that words cannot say. glassybaby are memory builders. People buy glassybaby as gifts or for themselves to mark special moments in their lives.
- Lee was recently named Entrepreneur of 2011 from Entrepreneur magazine. She is the first woman to win the award.
design philosophy | providing a foundation to grow and alter through the years, I keep the core basic and layer in the current, creating a room that is innately yours. I believe great interiors are not found in one shop, that bedside tables shouldn’t match. I knows you should feel a sense of calm in your space as well as balance, and revel in that gut feeling that it’s the right fit. DESIGN SERVICES start at only 10.00. See Sarah Swanson Design at the top left of this blog!